Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Happy Hump Day - But Wait A Minute.... I am an Real Estate Agent!

Happy Hump Day - but wait I am a Real Estate Agent, by Claudia S. Nelson with Keller Williams Realty in Woodbridge VA 



Earlier today someone said: "Happy Hump Day", instinctively I said it back and added thanks god half way through the week. But really as a Real Estate Agent you are never half way through the week. This must have been something that just stuck with my from my previous corporate world, which is ages back by now.

As a Real Estate Agent I truly make my own schedule, but work more then most of the people that have a 9 to 5 job. I am always on call, someone could call Sunday morning requesting to see homes. As a dedicated Real Estate Agent I always try to arrange my schedule as much as possible to allow for any of these unpredicted calls.

When is the hump day for us Real Estate Agents? I am still going to stick with Wednesday, although I know I will be working on the weekends, but that just stuck with me from my previous live, before I was on call 24/7 and when I had 4 to 5 weeks of paid vacation. Now I am feeling guilty even thinking about taking a vacation, during the slower times. Having said that I am planing a cruise soon and I will make sure I have everything in place so all of my current clients and future clients are taken care off during my absence, but that still doesn't stop me from worrying or feeling guilty. Since I have been a Real Estate Agent I have been responding to customers emails or taken phone calls even from as far away as my parents home in Switzerland. That's me and I don't think I will ever change, but that doesn't mean that I can't relax during my vacation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment