Daylight Saving Time 2015
Brought to you by:
Woodbridge VA Realtor
|Daylight Saving Time 2015, Woodbridge VA|
Daylight Saving Time 2015 Ends on November 1
That's This Sunday!
It's that time of year again. Time to "Fall Back" thanks to the END TO Daylight Saving Time. This year we turn our clocks back the day after Halloween. Luckily with today's technology, all our clocks, phones and cable boxes automatically update themselves.
5 Facts About Daylight Saving Time
- Daylight Saving Time Occurs the 2nd Sunday in March & The 1st Sunday in November
- Germany was the First Country To Adopt The Daylight Saving Policy in 1916
- It's Daylight Saving Time NOT Daylight Savings Time
- by saying "saving" you are referring to it as an adjective
- Not Everyone Springs Forward and Falls Back
- Only About 25% of the World take part in Daylight Saving Time, aka DST
- Areas closer to the Equator have less of a need to change their clocks
- In the United States, Hawaii and parts of Arizona do not participate in Daylight Light Saving Time
- When Daylight Saving Time ends in the Fall, My body thinks I should start getting ready for bed at 7 p.m.
|National Fire Protection Association, Daylight Saving Time Article|
National Fire Protection Association encourages everyone to use Daylight Saving Time, aka DST, to mark the time of year you check on your Smoke Detectors. This would be a good routine to make sure batteries in your smoke detectors are replaced and all your smoke detectors are in working order.
The article specifically states to check on smoke detectors as DST begins. I suspect is because the article was written in March. For me and my household, we use both Spring Forward and Fall Back to make sure our family is properly protected.
For the full article and tips by National Fire Protection Association visit their site:
For More Tips by Claudia, Check out some of her recent articles.