Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I can afford it but .......................................

I can afford it but ......................................., by Claudia S. Nelson with Keller Williams Realty




I was speaking with a new client about what he is looking for in his next home and we also discussed what dollar amount he feels comfortable.He has been pre-qualified by a lender for his maximum amount but he clearly stated just because I can afford it I don't feel comfortable.

I couldn't agree more. If you are looking to purchase a home you should also be comfortable with the mortgage payment. I like to eat out, going on vacations, doing fun things and I would hate to having a mortgage payment that is so high that I can't afford any of the fun things I like to enjoy. But that's just me.

I love looking at million dollar homes, I would love to living in a million dollar home or in a luxury condo in the city. Who wouldn't! I however wouldn't like the mortgage on that million dollar home. How about you? I should consider playing the lotto more often to at least having a shut at that dream, but who am I kidding. Chances of winning the lotto are small to none existent, so I rather keep on working what is realistic, live within my means and where I am comfortable. 


I have been looking at moving to a bigger home, but quite frankly I love where I live, I am comfortable with my mortgage payment and I rather purchase an investment property that actually makes me money then paying more for where I live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment