Monday, December 16, 2013

Back in Woodbridge VA from my mini break in Switzerland

Claudia S. Nelson, Keller Williams Realty Woodbridge VA
CALL 571-285-4319 or TEXT 202-299-7671 www.SoldinNova.com


Growing up in Switzerland I never really thought much about the mountains, they were just there. Actually the below picture is the view I had every day from my bedroom window. I never thought they were special or anything as they were simply there. Going for hikes or skiing was normal, actually in school we had several hiking excursions per year and I believe 2 ski days or for anyone that did not ski, sledding. I was fortunate enough to learn skiing from a very young age and I loved it. If you are looking at the pictures some great skiing areas were about 30 minutes to 60 minutes drive from my parents house.

So yes I never really thought about the mountains while I was living in Switzerland, now that I have been living in the US for quite some time and to be more exact in Woodbridge VA I truly miss the mountains. I have people asking me if I have been skiing in the Washington DC area and yes I have, but honestly you can not compare any of the skiing areas close to the DC area to what I am used to. I now truly miss the mountains I took for granted growing up.

I just got back from a mini vacation in Switzerland and it was great seeing my family and friends but it was also great seeing what I have been missing for quite some time the beautiful scenery from where I grew up. I had to move away to truly appreciate what I had.

While I was on my mini vacation, Woodbridge VA experienced a little bit of snow. When I shared with my family and friends the news reports and pictures of the snow in Woodbridge VA no one understood why EVERYTHING shut down for the little amount of snow the Woodbridge area got. No one in Switzerland ever got a day off from school due to snow, we were expected to show up on time no matter how much snow there was.

While I truly miss my family, friends, Switzerland, the mountains, and everything else that I was used to back home I couldn't imagine a better place to live then were I currently live in Woodbridge VA. Woodbridge VA is my home, although Switzerland will always be my home too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment