Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Holiday Tree or Christmas Tree?

 Holiday Tree or Christmas Tree?


So I just wrote a blog post about the Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center Tree Lighting coming up on Friday. Normally I would have been calling it Christmas Tree Lighting or Tree Lighting, but the sign at the entrance to the Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center Shopping Center specifically referred to as Holiday Tree Lighting.

Politically correct of course would be Holiday Tree Lighting as I don't want to offend someone. But I also have to admit that crew up we always had a Christmas Tree. So although Holiday Tree is politically correct I still call it a Christmas.

Also growing up we bought and decorated the Christmas tree on Christmas eve. The house was decorated for the holidays prior to the fist of advent and each advent Sunday we light up an additional candle until Christmas eve all four candles were lit. 

That is how we celebrated the holiday season back in Switzerland and honestly we didn't call it holiday season either it was Christmas and Advent and then in between there is St. Nickolaus or Samichlaus as we call Santa Clause in Switzerland. So anyone that wants to be politically correct is perfectly fine with me as I am trying to be politically correct too but its hard to fight tradition. 


No comments:

Post a Comment